Friday 17 June 2016

The mess in my Head

 As I struggle to stand today, trying to find my feet, amidst the daily struggles, you stand from far and look at me like it's none of your business to help me out.   It has been the least of your botheration being with me.. no strings attached and a fool free of cost. 
I constantly try to reason myself that I shouldn't go back to something that's so toxic for me to carry forward, which is slowly eroding my dignity. As I kick my ego aside to put up with you,  you pick me when you catch a tea break and dump me down the trash box when the tea becomes too strong.  
Every day I try to find reason with your behavior and treatment of me, one day you being the most considerate person standing a feet away from me, looking into my eyes,holding my hand, and the other being an indifferent you who has forgotten my existence. 
Being so scared to admit a simple thing as love just paints a picture of how cowardly you are, awakening love in the heart of a woman, unintentionally, whom you had no intentions of loving.
Whenever I look at you I feel a part of myself get sad about the fact that this is a person who has never appreciated the person that I was, the work that I did, or even anything remotely associated with me.
That constant criticism that ensues whenever I try to reason with things gives me a tug at my leg when I want to move forward.
The you that has never tried to make me laugh a little, whenever I feel blue, but always try to camouflage with superficial bouts of verbal love which come as epitomes of your care towards me that you shower as if I should be obliged by it. The fool that I am, I do.
Constantly thinking everyday that today you'll see me as I am, just as good enough that I can be for anyone and myself, but that has never enthralled you. Your attention of me comes with your need for attention and care when you see others wait listing you, coz oh. Here's a fool who has always put you on the priority list sidelining the ones who prioritise her. Fools are hard to convince and so am I.. standing here looking at you, indifferent, unfaltered, unapologetic and selfish.  I wipe a tear off and go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment